EducationIn four years, I earned a bachelor's degree in Spanish and in Communication Studies at the University of Texas in Austin, with a 3.7 GPA. I also earned the distinctions of Dean's Scholar and Honor Roll class of 2010, my graduating year.
ExperienceMost students aren't taught how to study according to their own learning style (by sight, sound, or touch). I can present the information in multiple ways until I figure out how my students learn most efficiently. I also help them understand how to study, memorize, and write on their own! My goal is to help students not need my help by the end of the semester.
My teaching style is patient, lighthearted, and upbeat - I can almost always make my students laugh! I hope to show them that even learning their hardest subject doesn't have to be miserable. I work to make it relevant to them by helping them understand the "why" behind the rules and concepts of each subject, so they do not quickly forget the material.
- 8 years tutoring students from elementary school to college, to adults seeking to learn Spanish/English.
- High school salutatorian
- Experience tutoring students with ADD and dyscalculia (math learning disability)
- 10 community service/missions trips to Spanish-speaking countries with lots of practice in conversational speaking
Other experiences include:
- aiding incoming freshmen at UT Austin as an Orientation Advisor, which included conveying large amounts of information
- working for the UT Learning Center teaching classes on time management and study skills
- Resident Assistant at my dormitory, Scottish Rite
- academic mentoring with the Athletics Department at UT, helping my student with writing and general study/organizational skills
- acting as a camp counselor for kids in elementary school
HobbiesI love to read, and I love the arts (including music, dancing, painting and theater). I work with the women's recovery ministry at Gateway Church, and I am a part of the church's writing and publication team. My husband and I are big fans of The Walking Dead, Cards Against Humanity, and the Alamo Drafthouse!
Spanish 4, CLEP College Algebra, Algebra 3/4, Algebra 2, Algebra 1, ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra, Middle School Math, Math, Math, Elementary Math, 9th Grade math, 8th Grade math, College Algebra, Developmental Algebra, Elementary Algebra, Spanish 3, Spanish 2, Spanish 1, Spanish, SAT Subject Test in Spanish, CLEP Spanish, AP Spanish Language, Pre-Algebra, Linear Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, 7th Grade math, 6th Grade math, 7th Grade Writing, 5th Grade Writing, 4th Grade Writing, 3rd Grade Writing, 2nd Grade Writing, 1st Grade Writing, 6th Grade Writing, 12th Grade Writing, 11th Grade Writing, 10th Grade Writing, 10th Grade, 8th Grade Writing, 9th Grade Writing, Creative Writing, 5th Grade math, 4th Grade math, 3rd Grade math, Writing, PSAT Writing Skills, 2nd Grade math, 1st Grade math, 12th Grade math, 11th Grade math, SAT Writing, 10th Grade math
Client Reviews (18)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.