EducationDoctoral student at University of Texas at Austin
San Jose State University, San Jose, Master of Arts, Speech Pathology, May 2015
University of California, Davis, Bachelor of Arts, Linguistics, June 2011 (minor in Chinese)
Participant, Education Abroad Program, Beijing, China June to Dec 2010
My years of education, both in the US and abroad, have given me a great foundation for providing individualized sessions to a wide range of individuals
AP Spanish Language = 5 (highest score possible)
SAT Spanish Subject = 800 (highest score possible)
HSK 汉语水平考试 5 (passed)
Private Tutor, Bay Area, CA
Spanish Tutor, September 2013 – Present
• Tutor in all levels of middle school and high school Spanish.
• Work on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and reading strategies.
Clinician, The Reading Clinic, Saratoga, Ca
Feb. 2013- present
• Work with children on reading fluency, reading comprehension, math, and writing
• Tutor children with autism, dyslexia, AD/HD, and (C)APD
Teacher, ELFA, Beijing, China Sept. 2011-June 2012
• Taught English at a private school in China
Tutor, Davis Bridge Educational Foundation, Davis, Ca Sept. 2009-May 2011
• Tutored grades 4 to 6 in math and reading at Montgomery Elementary Mon-Thurs.
• Mentored students one-on-one as well as in groups
Tutor, CBET Tutoring, Davis, Ca Sept. 2008-May 2009
• Acted as interpreter for Spanish-speaking families
• In charge of planning weekly activities for younger children
HobbiesI enjoy reading, hiking, playing tennis, and learning new things. I am also involved in various community service projects.
I am especially interested in language teaching and am continuously expanding my own knowledge.
Intermediate Algebra, Pre-Algebra, SAT Subject Test in Spanish, SAT Subject Test in Spanish with Listening, Spanish, Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4, Mandarin Chinese 3, Mandarin Chinese 2, Mandarin Chinese 1, AP Spanish Language, Chinese, Dyslexia, Special Education, Italian, Linguistics, Mandarin Chinese, Mandarin Chinese 1, ADHD
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.