Austin, TX, 78722
Joined on August, 2014
Any day at any time
Up to 45 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationI have a degree in journalism from the University of Iowa. I completed my first master's degree at Stanford University in Latin American Studies and my second master's in Community and Regional Planning at the University of Texas in Austin.
ExperienceWhether you are terrified or thrilled at the prospect of diving into your treatise on the grotesque in Victorian art or the re-emergence of zombies in American film, I am here to help.
* A degree in Journalism and two master's degrees
* First place awards in competitive writing and editing competitions
* Two years experience tutoring University students
* Twelve plus years working as a writer for newspapers, non-profit organizations, and government agencies
* Authored numerous reports and government bills
* Professionally edited dozens of resumes, reports, screenplays, and student essays
I am available to:
* serve as a writing coach - working to increase understanding of the writing process and assisting with the identification of common writing problems
* perform a thorough proof reading of drafts in progress
* conduct copy editing, which includes reviewing content, style, and consistency
I can help with high school, undergraduate and graduate level papers. I understand that every student has different needs, and I want students to feel comfortable to tell me their expectations of our work together. We will work together to identify your goals and make them happen.
I am a laid back female in her late 30s who has a passion for writing and animals. I typically work through email and by phone. I charge $18/hr, but let me know if you are in a bind, and we can work something out.
HobbiesI love dogs and cats, trivia, hiking, the outdoors, travel, hula hooping, science fiction, and sports. I also love music and just bought my first ukelele.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.