Education- Bachelor of Arts, Dramatic Arts from University of Nebraska at Omaha (1994): Focus in Acting & Costuming
- TESOL Certification, ITTT (March 2013)
- Studying in the ASL Interpreting Program, Austin Community College (expected graduation 2017)
ExperienceGet a head start on your classes by signing up now. Don't wait until you're already in trouble.
Please note that this schedule changes at the end of August. More details to come.
I am a world traveler with an extensive arts & linguistics background. I am well-versed in various Arts & Social Sciences, as well as college-prep Math (Algebra, etc) & Physical Sciences. I also have a great deal of experience with technical writing and organization skills thanks to my time in the corporate world.
I have tutored mostly ESL, Spanish, AP & general high school courses, SAT prep, organization & study skills, and the performing & aesthetic arts. I have a particular specialization in pronunciation & movement. [See specifics below] I taught Shakespeare with an outreach program through the Nebraska Shakespeare Festival which allowed for new approaches to the learning of Shakespeare in grade-levels K-12.
I love tutoring because it offers the kind of one-on-one attention that is necessary for the comprehension of so many subjects. My overall goals are interpreting, the arts & linguistics. I have a TESOL certification which allows me to teach/tutor abroad. My methods are holistic and include use of standard textbooks, supplemental sources & research, use of media, and real-world application. Each person learns differently, so I tailor my approach to fit each student, capitalizing on their strengths to help them overcome their deficits. I concentrate on how to help you, the student, learn better. This individual approach enriches the learning experience and contributes to a greater success rate.
- ENGLISH: ESL/EFL, AP/Honors, Grammar/Punctuation, Composition, Research Papers, Shakespeare, Literature, Spelling & Vocabulary, Creative Writing
- LANGUAGES: ESL/EFL, ASL, Spanish, German (Lower Levels), Pronunciation, Grammar, Conversational, Vocational
- CREATIVE: Writing, Acting, Costumes, Singing, Percussion, some Piano & Guitar
- COACHING: Elocution/Vocal Coaching, Organization, Study Skills, Speeches/Presentations, Stress/Anxiety Reduction
- VOCATIONAL CONSULTING: Resumes & Cover Letters, Image Consulting, Marketing
- SOCIAL SCIENCES / HUMANITIES: American/World & Costume History, Geography, Psychology/Sociology, Philosophy
- MATH: Algebra, Geometry, Elementary
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES: Biology, Physics, Astronomy, Geology, Chemistry
LOCATION: in-home, coffee houses, skype, libraries, community centers, etc.
PAYMENTS: PayPal, Dwolla, Checks & Cash Accepted; Credit Cards coming soon!
HobbiesTravel, Movies, Reading, Comic Books, Music, Writing, Foreign Languages, Horseback Riding, Dance, Astronomy, Geology, Personal Growth, Rock Band (the game), Philosophy, Martial Arts, Archery, Steampunk
Phonics, World History, World Civilization, Voice, Vocabulary, TOEFL, Summer Tutoring, Singing, SAT Writing, SAT Verbal, Reading, World Literature, Computer Skills, Organization, Music, Medieval Literature, Marketing, Literature, Linguistics, Languages, Guitar, Grammar and Mechanics, Drum and Percussion, Public Speaking, Piano, German 1, German 1, German, Art History, Evolution, European History, Art, ESL/ELL, Shakespeare, English, German 2, Spanish, Photography, Study Skills And Organization, Study Skills, Writing, Handwriting, Fiction Writing, Creative Writing, Italian, Spanish 2, Spanish 1, American Sign Language
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.